First Responders Public Service Program
First Responder agencies and local governmental entities that immediately respond to the scene of an accident or emergency and were negatively impacted by the reduction in ad valorem tax revenue in the ten most-impacted parishes after the Great Floods of 2016 are invited to apply to the Restore Louisiana First Responders Public Service Program. Participating organizations could receive grants to cover up to one year in eligible salaries and benefits, purchasing or leasing of movable equipment, staff training and operational costs.
First Responder organizations dependent upon ad valorem tax revenue in the ten most-impacted parishes negatively affected by the reassessment of properties that took place after the Great Floods of 2016 are eligible to apply. The ten most-impacted parishes were Acadia, Ascension, East Baton Rouge, Livingston, Lafayette, Vermilion, Tangipahoa, Ouachita, St. Tammany and Washington.
- Applications must be submitted by Monday, December 10, 2018.
- Applications may be hand delivered to Tomorr H. LeBeouf, Division of Administration, Office of Community Development, Disaster Recovery Unit, 617 N. Thirds Street, 6th Floor, Baton Rouge, LA 70802.
- Applications may be mailed to Tomorr H. LeBeouf, Division of administration, Office of Community Development, Disaster Recovery Unit, P.O Box 94095, Baton Rouge, LA 70804
- Applications may be emailed to DOA-2016FloodPublicService@LA.GOV
- For more information, contact Tomorr H. LeBeouf at 225.219.7832 or DOA-2016FloodPublicService@LA.GOV.