Do I Qualify?
The program is designed to help all flood-impacted homeowners who meet the eligibility requirements detailed on this page.
Homeowners must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Owner-occupant at time of disaster event
- Damaged address was the applicant’s primary residence at the time of disaster event
- Suffered damage as a result of the March or August 2016 Severe Storms and Flooding events
- Eligible structure as determined by program, including single family homes, duplexes, mobile homes and condominiums
- Located in one of 51 disaster declared parishes
- Received major or severe damage, which is identified as $8,000 or more of FEMA inspected real property damage or 1 foot or more of flood damage on the first floor
Program policy requires homeowners to self-certify that they still own the damaged property and have not transferred it or received notices of default or seizure related to taxes, mortgage, or title prior to receiving a grant award. Additionally, the Program requires that homeowners maintain ownership throughout the entirety of their participation in the Program.