The Restore Louisiana Task Force will meet on Friday, May 12 at the state Capitol. The meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. in House Committee Room 5, and live streaming will be available on restore.la.gov.
Members will be updated on the homeowner assistance program, which has started Phase 1 environmental reviews of flood damaged homes, along with the landlord and rental-home program, and the small business assistance program.
In addition, the task force will receive updates on the latest round of flood recovery assistance funding approved by Congress. Louisiana is one of four states that will receive a portion of $400 million in community development block grants.
In the meantime:
- Nearly 60 pilot program environmental reviews have been completed, and those homeowners are being contacted to start the application process this week.
- All those who took the survey and are in Phase 1 should have site visits completed within the next two weeks.
- Approximately 40,000 impacted homeowners will receive emails over the next week, encouraging them to complete the homeowner assistance program’s brief initial survey at la.gov or by calling (866) 735-2001.
- The Restore Rental Program hosted a webinar this week for nonprofits, community housing development organizations, public housing authorities, and multifamily and neighborhood landlords. The PowerPoint presentation is available here.
- The Louisiana Housing Corporation opens up funding application periods for the Landlord/Developer Rental Flood Recovery Programs with statewide seminars May 17-25.
- A Louisiana Housing and Resiliency Symposium took place today at the Monroe Civic Center in Monroe to discuss affordable housing.
- A series of outreach events are being planned for the areas hardest hit by the March and August 2016 floods. Details will be announced during the task force meeting.
Everyone is encouraged to sign up for email updates through the Restore website. This is the fastest way to find out about the latest developments regarding flood recovery.
Last modified: May 9, 2017